|Dear Clients and Friends,|
We have been operating on a limited basis throughout this Covid-19 situation because many pregnant women depend on us to help them manage pain throughout their pregnancy. However, we also feel the ethical pressure to protect our clients and help stop this situation as best as we can. In such an uncharted and difficult situation, we feel the best thing we can do right now is temporarily close Maternal Massage and reschedule clients from 3/30 to 4/6.
This is a totally unprecedented situation and we are still trying to find the best thing to do for our clients, therapists and for our business while also trying to do our part to slow the spread of this thing.
Love, The Maternal Massage Team
|We have always prided ourselves at the above average cleanliness of our clinic. Below is our STANDARD Cleaning Protocols as well as our current cancellation policy. |
1. After completing a massage, ALL linens used in that massage are removed and put into the washing machine. This means sheets, blankets, face rest covers, pillow cases, etc.
2. Next we use disinfecting wipes to clean all surfaces of the table, face rests, pillows, door knobs and any lotion bottles used. In order for viruses to be killed, Lysol recommends that the surface be visibly wet for 4 minutes. This generally means we use 5-6 wipes in order to cover each surface with enough cleaner on the wipes.
3. Lotion bottles, face rests, door knobs, clothing hooks and chairs are also sprayed with Lysol disinfecting spray. Yes, we double up on items that are touched or breathed on often.
4. Once everything is completely dry, we then place the clean sheets/blankets on for the next client.
In our clinic, we wipe down the front desk, door handles, light switches, bathroom and any other touchable surface multiple times throughout the day on top of our regular hyper-vigilant cleaning.
Therapists wash hands THOROUGHLY before and after each massage. Each time the wash is a minimum of 30 seconds with soap and hot water and goes up to the elbow. We also utilize hand sanitizer often.
Cancellation / Reschedule Policies ** During Covid-19
Our regular cancellation policy states that we require a 24 hour notice for a cancellation or we charge 50% of the service price. Of course we want to stop the spread of this virus and exercise more caution. In order to do that while still making sure our therapists are covered, this is the current policy we are putting into effect.
If you or someone in your household have traveled out of the country within the last 3 weeks, or are experiencing signs of respiratory illness, fever or cough, please reschedule your appointment.
**Appointments cancelled with 24 hour notice will not be charged any cancellation fee.
If you or a member of your home are sick:
* Please give us as much notice as possible. If you start showing signs on a Tuesday and have an appointment on Thursday, please play it safe and cancel it in advance so we may fill the spot.
* If you have felt fine up til the day of your appointment but you wake up sick, notify us FIRST THING in the morning. That way we can try to shuffle appointments and fill holes if needed. If you contact us before the day has started, we will waive the cancellation fee.
* If your appointment is at 5:00 pm and you cancel at 4:00 pm, we will have no opportunity to fill the spot and a therapist will be out of that hour of work. Therefore, you will be charged 50% of your service. If you had a gift card or prepaid visit, it will be redeemed for this appointment.
* If you feel fine but are cancelling out of fear, we require a 24 hour notice. If less than 24 hour notice is given, you will be charged 50% of service. If you had a giftcard or prepaid visit, it will be redeemed for this appointment.
If you are charged for a cancellation due to lack of notice, we ask for your understanding that our therapists are still there to give you the service. They have driven and put themselves out there for your convenience and we have to cover their time.
Again, we want to do our part to keep the spread of this virus down. This is a daily evolving situation and we will keep in touch with you via email and text with any changes.